Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My love for Power yoga

Most of you know how much I LOVE yoga. Yoga is a practice that takes time and patience. I am not one who has ample time or who has a lot of patience, so perhaps this is why I like it so much! It gives me what I so desperately need.
But yoga is fun. It feels good to do. It is very gratifying - many of the poses take a great deal of practice, so once you 'get' a pose, there is an enormous sense of accomplishment.
I keep seeing this quote  - your life begins once your comfort zone ends. How true! And this applies to yoga. I've always been afraid of doing a handstand away from the wall. PETRIFIED. And I just decided one day - not to long ago, I'm just going to do it. And that I did. Not that it was pretty, but I DID do it. I got out of my comfort zone and did it. How invigorating! And many areas of my physical practice in yoga and weight lifting took off after that.
I finally accomplished 10 pull ups. I finally deadlift-ed more than 150 lbs. I was so stuck there. I did 165 lbs 5 reps.
So getting out of your comfort zone puts you in places you'd never thought you'd get. Love it!

Here is a great article on yoga:

http://www.girlsgonestrong.com/yoga-it-does-a-body-good/




No comments:

Post a Comment