Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Are all calories created equal?



Well this is up for debate!

Some people swear, YES, others no.

Hmmmmm…..

Let’s use some common sense, shall we?

Is eating 1800 calories of pizza and chips, the same as eating 1800 calories of meat, fruits and veggies? I think the later will have a far different effect on your waistline, even it if it the same number of calories. You can’t convince me that 1800 calories of saturated fat and processed food versus 1800 calories of healthy all natural food is metabolized the same way. It’s simply not. Your body will process, store and eliminate the food entirely differently.

I stopped worrying about calories a long time ago, and concern myself with the TYPE of food I am eating instead. WAY easier, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment