Saturday, May 8, 2010

Want to make your mom some healthy pancakes for Mother's Day?!



Here is a great healthy pancake recipe - Enjoy.

1 cup 100% almond meal
2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
2 TB honey
1/4 cup sparkling water (this makes them fluffier)
Add in blueberries if you'd like

Mix all together, cook on both sides til gently browned, and serve with 100% maple syrup.

Your mom will love you for these. My 2 year old loves these! I actually puree some carrots and zucchini and throw it in, and you can't even taste it. One way to sneak in some veggies. :)

Almonds are high in anti-oxidants, are great for heart health and are full of healthy fat.
Eating healthy fat does NOT make you fat.
Eating healthy fat can actually help you LOSE weight.
There will more posts on that later - for now I am going to enjoy my own Mother's Day!
Plan on taking a sweaty yoga class then going to visit my sister who is a mom-to-be.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.
I know first hand how hard it is, and just how rewarding it can be.
Make sure you go get pampered!

No comments:

Post a Comment