Saturday, May 26, 2012

What's the latest?

Here is a great web-site that I found for you to check out:

www.builtlean.com

He has some GREAT articles about losing weight, building muscle, losing fat, gaining strength, overcoming plateaus, etc.

Also, here is a great recipe for you to try:


  • INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup raw nuts (I like to use half a cup of almonds, 1/4 cup pecans, and 1/4 cup of walnuts. Use any combination you prefer).
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • water
  • DIRECTIONS:
  • Put the raw nuts and raisins in a food processor. Blend on high until the nuts and raisins are chopped and incorporated.
  • Add in the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and blend/pulse until the nuts are finely chopped and all of the ingredients have combined.
  • You want to be able to form the mixture into balls without crumbling apart, so I usually add in a teaspoon of water. This allows the mixture to bind together. Add very little water and only add more as needed.
  • You just want the balls to hold their shape, but not be wet.
  • Once you’ve attained the proper consistency, divide the mixture and form them into little brownie balls.
  • I prefer to put them in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
That’s it. Super quick and easy.
WORKOUT CLOTHING is one of my favorite things to wear. I like to be comfy - what can I say? But I also don't want to look like I am working out in frumpy sweats or my pajamas. I LOVE Lululemon's line, and there is a blog for you Lulu addicts out there who want reviews on the clothing before you spend the money on it.
www.luluaddict.blogspot.com
I am still working on building strength. I'm almost at 10 push ups with 25 lb weight on my back. Getting there! I'm at 7 dips now, still want to get to 10. Can't seem to get past 7 pull ups, but working on it as well. Want those 10! Gaining strength on lunges, squats, but stuck on those damn deadlifts! Been swinging a 70 lb bell, but only 5-7 times in a row without needing a break. Snatches are at 40 lbs, I tried the 44lb (20 KG bell) but it was sloppy. 
I found an awesome tool with which to keep track of your eating habits and your workout: 
www.sparkpeople.com
You can download the app for FREE to your phone. I am addicted to it! I am baffled at how many calories I actually eat in a day. What an eye opener. Do I dare tell you I eat OVER 2500 calories a day? And I don't eat that much junk. I just eat A LOT! LOL. It also helps you track how much you burn via your workouts, and you can run reports to see the differential on what you burn versus what you take in. It is GREAT. 
Hope you are all out there getting stronger, eating better, and enjoying the long weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment