Friday, April 29, 2011

15 Minutes is 1% of Your Day

I took a yoga class last weekend and my teacher said every one has 15 minutes to workout, meditate or relax - because 15 minutes is only 1% of your day.
How TRUE it is!
So stop making excuses and get to it.
If you have a long commute to work, try relaxing in your car. Take some deep breaths - and as the weather is getting warmer, leave your windows open and breathe in some fresh air.
And we can all find 15 minutes to squeeze in a workout. It has been harder than ever for me to get in workouts since I gave birth to my second daughter nearly 4 months ago.
But, yes, I can find 15 minutes. Even if my kids have to watch me workout! :)

These are some of my favorite 15 min workouts:

10 burpees
10 Kettebell swings
Do as many rounds in 15 min

5 Handstand push ups
5 One legged squats each leg
5 Kettlebell snatches, right then left side
Do as many rounds in 15 min

5 Pull ups
10 Push ups
15 Speed Squats
20 KB swings
Do as many rounds in 15 min

As many Sun Salutation A's as I can do in 15 min.

Use that 1% of your day to make a difference in your life. If you are already a workout junkie like me, then maybe you need to meditate or relax.

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment