Monday, February 7, 2011

Got 10 Minutes?

I am now starting to exercise again and finding it not only challenging for my post partum tired body, but challenging to find anytime at all with 2 kids. They never seem to nap at the same time!
So I tell myself all I need is 10 minutes to go all out to get in a workout. If you have those days where you are crunched for time, then give these a try.

1. Burpees for 10 minutes!

2. 10 jump squats, 10 push ups, 10 v ups - as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes

3. Turkish Get Ups, 1 snatch 1 windmill at the top - alternating sides for 10 minutes

4. Kettlebell swings - 30 seconds on, 15 off for 10 minutes

5. 5 Pull ups (or rows each side)
10 push ups
15 speed squats
20 swings - as many rounds in 10 minutes

6. Yoga - hold each pose for 1 minute
Downward Dog
Plank
Dolphin
Side plank right, then left
Warrior 2, right, then left
Wheel (full or partial backbend)
Pigeon right then left

I did the Burpee one today. Tiring! Can't wait to be able to do more. Little Bria still has us up half the night, so my energy level is not very high - yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment