Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Discipline is remembering what you really want

How true it is! I came across this quote yesterday - a quote I have forgotten about. I think I need to write it on my hand so I don't forget.

I am far more disciplined with exercise than with food. I am an exercise junky! Well, I guess I am a food junky too.

It certainly seems some of us are innately more disciplined than others. It's almost unfair - isn't it?

I guess the million dollar question is - how do I get more disciplined? Now if anyone had the real answer to that, and one that would work for all populations, well, that person would be very rich.

Lets face it - in today's society it is not that easy to be disciplined. We are busy people. Trying to juggle a family, a commute, 2 parents in th workforce, daycare, household chores, sleep - and oh yeah - maybe even some time for fun!

Making time for exercise can be hard. Making time to cook can be hard. God knows unhealthy food is readily available and cheap! I mean you can feed a family of 4 for under $25 at McDonald's or KFC. Now that is NOT fair at all if you ask me. Especially for family's on a budget.

Sigh....

So how do we make time for exercise? How do we eat the right foods and say no to the bad ones? Discipline! And that's remembering what you REALLY want.

Do you really want that doughnut or do you really want to lose those last stubborn 5 lbs? Some days I swear I want that pizza more than I want a lean toned body. But do I REALLY? No, of course not. Discipline has to come into play. Some days we do better than others. Remembering this discipline quote will hopefully come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment